Accessing SCPOR Supports just got Easier!
We’ve improved our process, so now accessing SCPOR Supports is quicker and easier.
Many of our supports can be easily accessible through our website. Anyone can:
- Register for a POR module or Building Research Relationships with Indigenous Communities (BRRIC) training
- Sign up for a webinar or workshop
- Access the Patient Oriented Research Evaluation Tool
- Access the SCPOR SCOOP Newsletter
- Consultation about data and services available through the Data Services Platform
- POR Module or Building Research Relationships with Indigenous Communities (BRRIC) Training Module
- Coaching on the basics of how to engage patients in a research team
- Exploring potential for trainees
- Connecting with our partners and their services (Clinical Trial Support Unit, Clinical Research Support Unit, Social Sciences Research Lab)
- PFA (patient family advisor) recruitment
- Connecting with SCPOR staff, methodologists, partners or colleagues
GENERIC LETTERS OF SUPPORT
If you would like to request a generic letter of support from SCPOR (i.e. for grant applications), you can complete this form and email it to us.
Note: SCPOR will provide a generic letter of support for teams that meet our patient-oriented research criteria.
DETAILED SUPPORT REQUEST
Think you may have a more specific need SCPOR can help you with?
Teams requesting in-kind, or financial support from SCPOR can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a consultation. A staff member will help you to identify the supports SCPOR can provide. You will then be asked to complete the Support Request Form which will be reviewed by a committee.
Examples of Detailed Supports include:
- Patient engagement planning,
- Patient/community recruitment support
- Patient engagement funding to support application development
- Integrated KT planning
- End of Grant KT planning
- Requesting for a trainee to support a project
- Data access and data analysis
- Support with developing community agreements
- OCAP coaching
- Methodological coaching
- Obtaining referrals to partners (i.e. Social Sciences Research Lab)
- Connecting to Affiliated Research Alliance (ARA) members/SCPOR methodologists
- Accessing Patient engagement in Award Development Funding (teams can access up to $2500 for a project)